Sweet and Blonde

No, I'm not talking about myself.  The blonde isn't real and let's face it, sweet hasn't been an adjective that's been used to describe me  very often.  I could be talking about my children....but actually, I'm talking about my coffee. 
I'm sort of a coffee-snob.  Not because I demand the finest beans, hand - picked on some far away mountain top, or because I use some fancy French contraption to press the beans and steam the milk (because I don't! )  but I am uber picky about how it tastes....some may say I'm a lightweight.  I like it sweet and creamy.   A little coffee with my cream and sugar.  Just like momma used to make it for me when I was twelve years old. 
Drinking coffee at a public place is always cause for another fun round of "How Many Cream and Sugar Packets Will it Take?"  Today is was 5 creamers and 8 sugar packets.  it wasn't great, but I was in desperate need of caffeine.
Right now I'm wishing I had another cup, sitting in the Bankers Life Field House for the Women of Faith conference.  Whoever is in charge of the concessions apparently was never told that we "Jesus Girls" really like our coffee.  The not-overly-polite young man behind the counter just shrugged and informed me that it's all gone.  Hmmmm.  I was puzzled at why he could make more, but whatever.   I'll just keep my three dollars and wait to get some "real" coffee after I leave.  With whipped cream.   And carmel. 
If you're wondering what my coffee has to do with anything,  I'll tell you.   Jesus is like coffee.  We need Him when we wake up, He makes our day better, but so many people are happy with just a "little Jesus" with their cream and sugar. 
We just want enough to soothe the ache in our soul.  Just enough to have someone to turn to when things get rough.  But not so much that we are willing to move out of our comfort zone and do something big.  Not enough to be bold.
I want to be a "big girl" and drink strong coffee, just like I want to be a big girl for Jesus.  I want to be bold and do what He's called me to do.  I need to lighten up on the cream and sugar.  Just give me Jesus.  Straight up.  This weekend has given me a great start.
Be blessed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Most Improved Student

The Importance of Learning to Dress the Part