Pit Crew

Today's post is coming to you live from the dusty pit, trackside at Round 4 of the MWXC circuit at Fallen Rock campground in Brazil, Indiana.

Only Jake is racing today because Caleb's bike has an oil leak. I am sort of glad because there was a couple of crashes at the starting line. Once the dust cleared and all the riders were safely accounted for, I whispered a prayer of thanks to God that my baby wasn't in there.

I'm amazed at the physical strength it takes theses guys (or gals) to ride this 8 or 9 mile track through the woods,  creeks, hills and fields.  They pass by us every 20 minutes or so,  pitting for water or gas as needed. Each time they pass, they are dirtier and the exhaustion shows in there muddy faces. It can be heart wrenching,  as a mother,  to watch.

The hardest part for me is the minutes in between,  when you wait...Praying to see that familiar number plate through the cloud of dust and know that my child has made it safely another lap around.

A couple things come to mind as I wait...from my position,  as pit crew (terrible as I am, but improving) I am learning to trust.  Trust my son's riding ability, trust his machine to perform and most of all, trust in my God to honor the prayers of a mother's heart to keep my son safe.

The other thing I'm seeing,  is from a rider's perspective.   Endurance.   The race is 90 minutes plus one lap, so they could be running for almost two hours.  It takes endurance to keep going for that long, especially when it's hot like this.

Thankfully,  in the race of life we have God and a host of heavenly angels as our pit crew, cheering us on, offering fuel for the journey and anxiously awaiting our victorious finish.

So press on, race with endurance and find some Godly friends to join your pit crew and pray you through.

Hoping for a strong finish for my boy  today!
Be blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Most Improved Student

The Importance of Learning to Dress the Part