A Mistake

One of the gifts that God has given me, is the gift of empathy, and the ability to express, through words, other people's thoughts or feelings. 

I used to write 'by request' poetry for customized birthday invitations, birth announcements, funerals and any other time a person would share their heart with me and ask me to write for them.  It was always such an honor to share this gift and see how powerfully others were affected by it. 

One such instance, was a poem I wrote for a girlfriend back in 1994, who was going through the painful, emotional post-abortion healing process.  After talking with her for hours and crying with her and praying for her, God gave me a beautiful poem that literally took just minutes to put on paper. 

I know my friend isn't alone in her pain.  I have had many friends share their guilt and shame with me over the years regarding this same issue.  My prayer is that if you are one of the many women suffering in silence, you will find comfort in the words that God gave me so long ago. 

Please know that the precious blood of Jesus covers EVERY sin.  Even that one. 

Be blessed. 



A Mistake


In my life I’ve made mistakes
And someone had to pay
Unfortunately that someone
Could not be here today.
And now that little someone
Lives in heaven up above
And never lacks for anything
Especially God’s love.
That ‘someone’ was a special gift
God wanted to give me
But I didn’t think I could handle it
So it’s spirit I set free.
Now I wish I’d never made
The mistake I’m speaking of
But thank you, God, for taking care
Of my forsaken little love.

 
                                   (C)  LR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Most Improved Student

The Importance of Learning to Dress the Part